Tuesday 3 April 2012

PERSONAL STYLE - SIMPLY STRIPES

I'm aware that I am still the personal style novice, but I still think it's nice to share the fashion I wear, and not only what I lust after (what I lust after is rarely what I can afford). So here is the outfit I wore out to a few afternoon drinks at the weekend.

It was an eventful affair - after rather inadvisedly playing air hockey with an iPhone, I almost got stuck trying to retrieve said iPhone when in disappeared between a wall and a sturdy wooden bench. Having the thinnest arms and teeniest I was tasked with retrieving the phone from it's hiding place only to get my hand and arm fully wedged - of course Mr. Well Done and friends were totally sympathetic with their uncontrollable laughter and pointing. Finally, after almost resigning myself to living in the booth of the bar for the rest of my life, i wriggled free, complete with lost iPhone.

So anyway, here is my relaxed Saturday drinks outfit. Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions of how I can take it to the next level please let me know...







Miso striped skater dress (similar here); leather look leggings and workman boots from eBay; New Look slim studded belt; Personalized necklace and kissing perspex necklace, both from Punky Pins; Diamond by Julien Macdonald military jacket; Boots No. 17 Lasting Fix Lipstick in Hot Chili.

I love this little Miso skater dress, it is one of my ultimate wardrobe staples, I will be heart-broken well it eventually dies - I don't think I will be able to let it go. What one item in your wardrobe can you not live without? 

Gems x 

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Alice, and thanks so much for the visit :)
      Gems x

      Delete
  2. Perfect outfit!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sabo Skirt girls - at 28 I finally think I have found my personal style :)
      Gems
      x

      Delete
  3. Too cute! My wardrobe staple is something similar - a cute dress that I know will look good no matter how I'm feeling, can be worn with creepers or boots or heels and works just as well at dinner as it does at a gig or running amuck at the beach (mine is navy with white polkadots). For extra bam I always like a massive statement necklace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! A huge statement necklace would be great. I think it would really update my favourite little dress. Thanks so much for being my first official follower - it made me smile a lot :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  4. I love the cute little necklace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joseph
      I love my Punky Pins jewellery so quirky and kitsch.
      Gems x

      Delete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.