Friday 20 April 2012

FILM CLUB - THE CABIN IN THE WOODS

I am, by no stretch of the imagination, a film critic - probably because I like almost everything, except romantic comedies or weepies. I know I'm a sorry excuse for a girl, but I much prefer some mind blowing action, serious ass kickings an a hefty dose of weirdness in my movies - anything Korean is usually a winner with me, which reminds me check out 'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' if you get a chance...it is awesome.

Anyway moving on to the movie I actually came here to talk about 'The Cabin in the Woods', which I went to see a few nights ago. As the tagline states "You think you know the story", the decades old story of a bunch of sexy teens off to spend the weekend in a secluded cabin in the middle of hicksville, just off inbred lane. STOP!! because you don't know the story, convention has been thrown right out the cabin window - this film is not your typical teen horror.


I don't really want to say too much about the movie as I don't want to give anything away, but you can look forward to a surprising cameo from Sigourney Weaver and a really mean unicorn. There are a number of shocks, big ones, and a hefty dose of gore, but also a refreshing amount of comedy and 'WTF' moments that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Co-written and directed by Drew Goddard and co-written and produced by Joss Whedon, yes that is the 'Buffy' guy, it stars Chris Hemsworth, Richard Jenkins, Bradley Whitford, Jesse Williams, Anna Hutchison, Fran Kranz and Amy Acker - a great ensemble cast.

I leave you with the trailer and a plea to go and see this movie, just so we can tell each other how epic it is :)


Have any of you guys out there seen the movie yet? Or perhaps you have seen something recently that you think is worth recommending? Let me know.

Gems x

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this movie and I'm not sure I will. I'm not good with anything that is too scary :( But I have heard that it's interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, it isn't too scary, the horror elements are more tongue and cheek, although there were some serious shocks.
      It is very interesting, so you must share if you do see it :)

      Gems x

      Delete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.