Tuesday 1 May 2012

COOKING ON GAS!

Last weekend it was my my boyfriend's sister's birthday, and being the gorgeous, generous and lovely person that she is, she threw a huge BBQ for family and friends. As most of in the UK will know that recently the weather isn't exactly BBQ-friendly, luckily a huge gazebo was erected (hehe!) to protect us revelers.

The food was fabulous, the atmosphere was brilliant and I had a really wonderful time - so anyway, here is what I wore for the occasion.






Denim Shorts, Oasis; Ruffled Cardigan and Black Tank, Primark; Sequined Lip T-Shirt, Triple S via Ebay; Leather-Look Leggings, Ebay; Converse Trainers; Ring, H&M; 'Gems' Necklace, Punky Pins.

All pieces are in the process of being washed as the smell of BBQ smoke has permeated every fibre. It is my own fault, I huddled around the BBQ all day for warmth, seriously I was almost curled up on that thing. And when that went out I snuggled up to the chimnea (an outside wood burner), which my boyfriend thought would be a good idea to lick in his drunken state - cue a roll of the eyes from me and a very sore tongue or him :)

What have you guys been wearing in this wet weather that I am so over?

Gems x

15 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! And the BBQ sounds fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ah it was so fun despite the massive amounts of rain :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  2. Nice outfit!

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sammy - I love your blog buy the way, starting my own blog was such a great way to discover all the fantastic blogs out there.

      Gems x

      Delete
  3. You looked so cute ! I know what it means when your clothes get the smell of BBQ, I hate it when it happens...same applies to hair, of course ! Very nice outfit and glad you had a good time ! Greetings from Italy xxx
    Fashion and Cookies
    You're invited to enter these amazing giveaways !
    Oasap Spring Giveaway: win $ 90 gift card on Oasap ! until May 13th
    Promdressesale Pinterest competition ! You can win $ 60 gift voucher ! until May 7th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely going for cute so I'm glad it worked out for me :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a lovely day, despite the weather. I love your cardigan by the way<3

    I am very much over the rain as well. Bring on the sunshine!

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just can't beat a bit of Primarni :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  5. Can I have your legs please?
    And I also chuckle over the word erected if ever it gets mentioned

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a child, but least I'm laughing :)
      Well yeah you can have my legs, they come with sunglasses because they are so white that they are practically glowing :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a stranger tell me it was too wet for me to be wearing denim shorts (with opaque tights) the other day.

    I have very white legs too. I wish they were fashionable.

    C
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we will be the ones In Vogue when there is a power outage and the only light available is the glow of out pasty legs :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  8. cute tee! Love those lips!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a great website.. The Design looks very good.. Keep working like that!. deals

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.