Sunday 20 May 2012

FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS

I'm hot, a little bit clammy and filled with a urge, to paint my face in a plethora of bright colours - no I don't have the dreaded Clown-itis, I have caught Olympic fever. With less than 70 days to go until the kick-off in July 27th and the Olympic torch already on UK shores, I have to say I'm getting excited for the two weeks sport and patriotism, and it seems like the world of fashion is also getting in the spirit.

Flag prints are everywhere at the minute, and what better way is there to support you country, than looking fabulous in their colours. Leave the body paint to the topless, beer-gut sporting fellow there is in every crowd and instead show your allegiance with some style.

Rule Britannia:

Union Jack Sunglasses, ASOS.
1.) Union Jack Bikini, Abbey Dawn
2.) Union Jack Watch, Timex
3.) White Union Jack Printed Tee, River Island.
4.) Silver Skull Ring, River Island.
5.) Union Jack Tights, House of Holland for Pretty Polly.
6.) Union Jack Tights, Topshop.
7.) Union Jack Shortie Briefs, George@ASDA
8.) Union Jack Denim Tube Skirt, New Look.
9.) G21 Union Jack Print Dress, George@ASDA
10.) Crafted Union Jack Leggings, Republic.Republic
11.) Union Jack Studded Bag, Religion.
12.) Union Jack Shorts, Missguided.
13.) Jacked Up Sequin Platforms, Iron Fist.
14.) Lip Tattoo and Nail Wrap Combo, Amazon
15.) Cath Kidson Antique Brass Union Jack Earrings, ASOS
16.) Stephanie Wong Limited Edition Studded Bag, Pretty Little Thing

 
Of course I didn't forget my chums from around the world...

Around the World:

1.) Flag Print Dress, Romwe.
2.) Flag Printed Skinny Jeans, Topshop
3.) American Flag Nail Wraps by Nail Rock, Topshop
4.) Australian Flag Print Tights, House of Holland for Pretty Polly.
5.) Australian Ikon Shopper, Ted Baker.
6.) Widill American Flag Super High Platfrom Shoes, Missguided.
7.) Jamaican Flag Evening Dress, Rasta.
8.) American Flag Print Shorts, Topshop.
9.) Greece Flag Earrings, Cafe Press.
10.) Italian Flag Print Tee, Cafe Press.
11.) Flag Dress (Inspired by old French flag), AllSaints
 
Have any of you guys caught Olympic fever? Or seen any amazing flag prints, let me know!

Gems x 

38 comments:

  1. I'm refusing to buy anything with a Union Jack on it. I could be tempted by the Iron Fist shoes though.

    C
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the Iron Fist shoes are pretty special - I kinda like the American flag prints, but I think I would feel too much like Wonder Woman!

      Gems

      Delete
  2. These sunglasses are just awesome!
    I love the flag print. I need to invest a piece...

    Trendy Teal
    Enter to win a $50 voucher for Dark Horse Jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to go full on flag print, but I might get a few more accessories :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  3. love those sunnies! I've been so tempted by the UK and US flag print fake Litas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophie
      I'm not brave enough to go top to toe in flag prints, but the sunglasses I love.

      Gems x

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! Glad you liked the science jokes...! I don't know, I'm just not feeling all the Union Flag stuff, I think only Geri can pull it off lol! But those Aussie flag tights? All over them! They are great! The Mr keeps wanting to move to Oz, and I swear if the day ever comes, I will be wearing those tights! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The House of Holland collection from Pretty Polly is so good right now - there are so many pairs I want!

      Gems x

      Delete
  5. those glasses are so cute! :)

    www.aloveaffairwithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun - I'm so glad I bought them now :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  6. I love this style! It's so funky and awesome.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's just a little bit of fun isnt it!

      Gems x

      Delete
  7. I keep seeing lots of union jack prints too :) I've been unsure about them and probably wouldn't wear them but the tube skirt from new look is really nice and wearable!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will get the odd piece for my wardrobe, not necessarily all Union Jack's I don't want to be prejudice :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  8. I love your sunglasses!!

    Take care and have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne-Claire, you have a great week too!

      Gems x

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I just wanted something a little bit different for summer and these sunnies fit the bill perfectly!

      Gems x

      Delete
  10. Those sunglasses are awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chic, I do love them, and its sunny today so I can wear them woo hoo!

      Gems x

      Delete
  11. Thanks for visiting dear..:) loved ur blog following u ..:) Follow if u like

    Indianbeautyforever.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already am hunni, and I'm looking forward to your future posts :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  12. Oh love those sunglasses on you they actually really suit you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sunglasses are really cute!
    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte, that is really sweet of you to say!

      Thanks for visiting!

      Gems x

      Delete
  14. I love the flag trend.

    Best, Jenny

    http://www.dresscodehighfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jenny - I will be wearing my sunnies, even if it rains this weekend :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  15. RULE BRITANNIA! Love your collage! Have you seen mine? Looks like we're both feeling the Brit fever on this weeks Links A La Mode!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my way to check out your collage right now!

      Gems x

      Delete
  16. The Clothing and Fashion blogs are really appreciable and one can trust the knowledge and information provided in the writing. The article you do produce on a weekly base really the best. Please do produce the articles and blogs based on concrete information to enlighten the hearts and minds of the readers.
    cheap clothing uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blogs are the real and the sole voice of the knowledge. I personally have recommended your Clothing and Fashion blogs to many persons to read. The statistics you provide are really concrete and all this has prompted me to come again on your website.
    womens and mens clothing

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.