Tuesday 29 May 2012

NEWCASTLE FASHION WEEK - BARBOUR SPRING/SUMMER 2012

London, Paris, Milan and New York amongst others, are quaking in their designer boots as Newcastle Fashion Week is back - woo hoo! There is a host of events occurring all over Newcastle until the 3rd of June so make sure you check out the website, to make sure you won't have to kick yourself for the rest of the year for missing something fabulous.

I'm glad I managed to drag myself into Newcastle at midday on Sunday to catch the Barbour Spring/Summer 2012 collection, shown on the catwalk in glorious sunshine - although I did feel a bit sorry for the lovely girls in their wellies - their feet must have been on fire. The spectators were given the an extra cooling treat though with male models working the crowd with their Barbour umbrellas and specially designer Barbour T-shirts, which are being sold exclusively through Fenwick to raise Cash for Kids.


Introduced by Gok Wan's legendary right-hand woman, Brix Smith-Smart and her super cute Barbour-sporting pooch Gladys, the collection featured a gorgeous range of light weather proof jackets the South Sheilds brand is so well renowned for, as well as, quirky printed tees and fine knitwear accessorised with elbow patches. The looks were finished off with hair from Gary Hedley and make-up from Benefit.

All photos taken terribly by me with help from Mr Well Done...















 So what do you think of the collection from Barbour? I am drooling over the white belted jacket!
There were so many stylish chicas in the crowd I felt quite trampish in my maxi skirt and tee, but anyway here is what I was wearing, an outfit post will follow soon!


Has anyone else out there caught any of Newcastle Fashion Week? I really wanted to see the final year show tomorrow at the Baltic but I have celebrations for my Dad's birthday, but I will be checking out the fun times in Eldon square on Thurs, before I go and see the first showing of Prometheus at r minutes past midnight!

Gems x

11 comments:

  1. Looks fab. I do love your top x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hun,
      Thanks a lot - its a dress from Sodamix at Debenhams that I wore as a top
      Gems x

      Delete
  2. The collection looks great, I love the duck print cardigan! You look lovely, the metallic maxi skirt is gorgeous!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so exciting to see a fashion show on the streets of Newcastle!
      That was one of my favourite pieces too!
      My skirt is a Primark special - I have been doing well from there recently!
      Gems x

      Delete
  3. what great shots captured! everything looks great, and looks like you had a lot of fun!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TJ,
      I had a great time, it was a beautiful day to see some beautiful clothes and beautiful pieces!
      Gems x

      Delete
  4. I love your outfit, that skirt is amazing.
    I really love the look of the black belted jacket. How hot must those models have been in the sun?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie - I'm gonna pop that skirt into my regular summer rotation for sure :)
      The poor models must have been so hot, because it really was boiling that day.

      Gems x

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this post!
    That seeems amazing!!

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was such a fun day - I will definitely try to get more involved with Newcastle Fashion Week next year!

    Gems x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, this is the perfect modern fashion trend. Most of the teen are like this kind of jacket. I can see here different types of jacket in the post. Most of the images are fabulous. I think the collection are very attractive. I love it very much.

    Discount Barbour Jacket

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.