Thursday 3 May 2012

ROMANCE WAS BORN - AW 2012

Those that know a little bit about me will know that I am a huge fan of Australian fashion - yes sometimes it can be a season or two behind the trends, but it is always so fun, innovative, quirky and exciting. I hope that more big UK retailers will follow the lead of Urban Outfitters and realise the potential of Australian fashion labels and brand out.

One of my all time favourite Australian fashion labels, Romance Was Born have excelled themselves with their Autumn/Winter 2012 collection, entitled 'Happy Campers'. Featuring plenty of tribal-inspired prints, multi-coloured metallic foils, bright colour pops and a very cute little owl, designers and co-founders Anna Plunkett and Luke Sales have continued with their signature aesthetic - kaleidoscopic colour, cultural influence and a mixture of texture and bold prints. It is tongue-in-cheek fashion at its best and I just love it.

Here are some of my favourite pieces from the collection - although I must say I would wear every single garment!












How seriously awesome are those prints and metallic foils? I practically need a bib to look at the range!

What do you guys think of the Winter 2012 offering from Romance Was Born? Do you have a favourite overseas fashion label?

Peace Out!

Gems x

7 comments:

  1. hey, nice blog:)
    btw, thanks for dropping comment on my blog
    really appreciate that.. :)

    natashagabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always looking for new blogs to read, you never know what you might discover :)
      Thanks for visiting me back!

      Gems x

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, I am so in love, especially with the purple dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how cute is that little owl?
      Gorgeous!

      Gems x

      Delete
  3. I adore the reds and burgundies! I need me some burgundy coloured tights!

    Joelyne

    The Sydney Girl

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the burgundy tights worn under the cropped trousers on the last image - it is a look I am definitely stealing :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  4. I love everything about the fashions on this post. Especially the denim. Good look!

    Janita

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.