Friday 4 May 2012

TREND ALERT - PYJAMAS

Yes that's right, Pyjamas are set to be one of the hottest trends of the upcoming season, and not for the bedroom, but to actually walk around in public - it gives the phrase "Day to Night Dressing" a whole new meaning. Anyone, who is anyone is rolling straight of of bed onto the red carpet in their finest silk, paisley and ditzy floral jammies.

Rihanna in Emilio Pucci and Eliza Sednaoui in Salvatore Ferragamo

Lou Doillon in Marni for H&M and Charlotte Ronson in her own design.

Caroline Sieber in Louis Vuitton and Stella McCartney in her own design
At first I wasn't sure about the sleepwear for the streets at first, felt a little bit like wearing a bra and knickers for the beach instead of a bikini. But, after doing a little bit of research, the trend has actually grown on me - I may not have the balls to wear a full set of pyjamas out in public, but a girly teddy or even sleepwear inspired pieces may just find their way into my wardrobe.
So anyway, here is how I would wear, or style the trend...


1.) Necklace and Tube Top, H&M; Monochrome Patterned Wide Leg Trousers, New Look'; Shilo Strap Raffia Platforms, Topshop.
2.) Navy Embroidered Kimono, Topshop; Trousers, H&M, Rivet Clutch, Romwe; Patent Fuchsia Pump, Forever 21; Carved Winter Rose Necklace and Octavia Stud Ring, Rock n' Rose
3.) Button Up Bralet and night shorts, Topshop; Leopard High Heel Boots, Romwe; Bow Cut-Out Ring and Bangle, Pretty Little Thing 
4.) Mustard Vest, Miss Selfridge, Gears Silk Like Yellow Harem Pants, Romwe; Platforms, Deichmann.

What do you guys out there think of the pyjama trend, you would roll out of bed and straight out of the front door?

Have a Great Weekend :)

Gems x

9 comments:

  1. I'm all for the pyjama trend!!

    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't at first and I probably wouldn't wear a full set, but the odd separate or pyjama inspired pieces, definitely!

      Gems x

      Delete
  2. I definitely think its insane considering fashions been quite 'formal' recently.. but it will hit big time and it is so comfortable!!

    Jessie
    coppergarden.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It weird how fashion change in the space of a week - but this one has certainly grown on me :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  3. I love this trend when it is done right! I'm not sure I could pull it off though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm not sure I could pull it off either even though I love it - maybe I will try some PJ inspired printed trousers and go from there.

      Gems x

      Delete
  4. I really like it but not sure if I will be trying out though I guess i should if I like it :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make a deal with you - If you try it, so will I :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  5. hmm not sure I could pull this off at all but interesting xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.