Thursday 31 May 2012

ZIGGY PLAYED GUITAR

Has anyone been in Primark (aka Primarni) recently, I went in last week to buy some new pyjamas (I got the cutest pair of cherry printed jammies) and I have to say they have some amazing printed tanks in store. I had to go for this David Bowie number as a few of my uni friends went through a phase of calling me Ziggy, thanks to my hairstyle of the time. Plus I am a little bit of a rock chick at heart - just a little bit 'neater' around the edges!

I love all the loose fitting tanks that are popular at the moment, not only are they comfortable, but they disguise a giant food baby, which I had last night after stuffing myself with curry for my Dad's birthday meal out...(the fact that I had to unbutton my jeans was also well hidden). Everyone had a great time laughing at my Grandad's stories - he has to be one of the funniest me alive, even the waiter seemed quite taken with him!

Well anyway, here is what I wore...

Tee and Jeans, Primark
Clutch and Rings, H&M
Shoes, New Look
Beaded Collar, Vintage
Necklace, Punky Pins



Barry M Mint Green and Gold Foil Effect Nail Paints

I love that I got to wear my vintage 1940's collar for the first time, it really is a thing of beauty, I cant help but think what the original owner would think of the way I wore it, compared to her own personal style - she would probably think I was mad.

Do  you guys like to mix vintage gems with your contemporary wardrobe? I would love to see some inspiration and examples so link me up!

Gems x

19 comments:

  1. You look fab. I haven't been in Primark for a while but last time I went in I got some fruit based PJ's too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the PJ's from Primark - I'm in my cherry one right now :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  2. I'm crazy about your top!Amazing!
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B, its a big compliment coming from someone as fabulous as you :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks TJ - you always manage to make me smile!

      Gems x

      Delete
  4. I love that collar, it looks great with the outfit! Those shoes are gorgeous too :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoes were an absolute bargain - only £6 in the New Look sale!

      Gems x

      Delete
  5. That's so fab. I love Bowie anyway. I had so many 1990's band t-shirts, they'd be worth loads now. I used to go to see all the grunge and indie bands.

    I don't have much vintage stuff to mix it up, well, not nearly as much as I'd like.

    C
    xxx

    C
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C,
      Ebay is a great resource for vintage finds - let me know if you find anything great!

      Gems x

      Delete
  6. OMG, I LOVE Bowie and I LOVE your look!

    Best, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love this look!
    Hyped it on lookbook!
    No worries, first its so hard to get hypes... just keep on posting looks xx

    theperfectdisease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I will, everyone just looks so good, its hard not to be intimidated by that I guess!

      Gems x

      Delete
  8. Love this outfit! Your hair looks amazing and that t-shirt is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you - I like how it makes me look really tall, when in reality I'm just 5'6''

    Gems x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information for all,.. pvc patches

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.