Thursday 14 June 2012

CARTOON STYLING!

I am a bit of a big kid at heart and immature humor is sure to have me giggling like a naughty school girl, so it is probably no surprise that I am addicted to the likes of Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons etc. Well a weird thought popped into my head, some of the poor women and girls in these cartoons have been wearing the same outfits for over a decade - poor Marge Simpson has been wearing that lime tube dress for over 21 years.

Now I know cartoons are not real (except Spongebob of course, that's a rather riveting documentary series), but those poor girls, forced to wear the same outdated outfit for the remainder of their lives (on television) - yes they never age, but they are never on-trend either. So I have took it upon myself, to restyle my animated chums in a more up-to-date fashion, while being aware of their unique signature style.

First up is the long-suffering Meg Griffin from Family Guy - ridiculed for her looks, both in school and within he own family, the poor girl is desperate for a makeover to give her that much needed confidence boost.

Top, H&M; Moto Baxter Jeans, Topshop; Pieces Knitted Hat, New Look; 0703 Frames Black, Cutler and Gross; White Plaque Skinny Belt, River Island; Dear Diary Lipcreme, Mac; Cream Metallic Hidden Wedge Hi-tops, Blink @ New Look.
Next up is Hayley Smith from American Dad - unfortunately her hippy chick look was dated way before the series started. A sexy firecracker like Hayley, should have a hot look that she can take to the drum circle, but also to the club at night!

Knot Front Shirt, Topshop; Blue Flared Jeans, New Look; Mix Bows Headband, Dorothy Perkins; American Peace Necklace, Punky Pins; Volcano Flatform Sandals, ASOS; Ying Yang Skinny Belt, Topshop; Cream Puff in Fairy Cake, Collection 2000; Belly Bar, Argos.

And finally we have the ultimate cartoon siren, Marge Simpson - The woman deserves a new wardrobe, 21 years in the same dress, dealing with a buffoon of a husband, senile father-in-law and probably the scampiest of all scamps, Bart Simpson. So I have updated Marge's look to the a glam evening look, for the night out she so desperately needs!

Lime Bandeau Maxi Dress, Miss Selfridge; Necklace, H&M; CJG Stud Peeptoe Court Shoes, Topshop.

So what do you think of my restyle of these cartoon lovelies?
I may make it a regular feature if you guys think it's a good idea, if you do please give me some suggestions on which to restyle next and I shall share the love for you in the next edition

And finally before I go, don't forget to enter my Very First Giveaway, that is open internationally!

26 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love Marge's outfit! The dress is beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I just wanted to try something different!

      Gems x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Emily - I've just not been anywhere exciting to warrant an outfit post, so thought I would try something new!

      Gems x

      Delete
  3. Haha, nice!

    *Sheinside giveaway on my blog!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra - I may restyle some other fictional character in the future!

      Gems x

      Delete
  4. Love this post! fantastic!

    http://themadcreationist.blogspot.it/

    Kisses

    Giuseppe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giuseppe, sometimes you gotta go out of the box!

      Gems x

      Delete
  5. This post is brilliant!!! You have them all down to a T!! I need that h+m necklace in my life xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray - the necklace is gorge I really want it to wear under shirt collars!

      Gems x

      Delete
  6. I am obsessed with the style of this blog :)) . I am following. Hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and FOLLOW. Now, I am going to go through your blog again :). Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steven, feel free to visit me anytime!

      Gems x

      Delete
  7. Hahaa I love this post, so funny! I like Meg's outfit, especially the shoes. Way cooler than her usual look! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so want so hidden wedge sneakers - they are so quirky cool!

      Gems x

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I love the flared jeans too, I get so sick of skinny jeans - this would make a change!

      Gems x

      Delete
  9. Funny post!!
    I love it ^^
    Marge style is great ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne-Claire - I love the Marge dress, it's so summery!

      Gems x

      Delete
  10. Hahahaha I love this post, you've styled them well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chic, and thanks so much for being a regular visitor to my blog!

      Gems x

      Delete
  11. This is genus !OMG I wish I was Hayley, I adore American Dad I never use to but Roger is too funny. My mum said I actual use to dress like Hayley haha, there's no way I looked like a little dirty skater, she's far cooler. Love this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously love American Dad - it has a connection right to my funny bone!

      Gems x

      Delete
  12. Haha! Classic, love it. Family Guy makes me hideously uncomfortable, I am a weirdo.

    Did you ever watch Daria? Do the characters from that!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.