Monday 4 June 2012

FILM CLUB - PROMETHEUS

Being the ultra nerd that I am, I just had to see the first showing of Prometheus at my local cinema, so at midnight on Thursday night I took my seat and was ready to be wowed, and I must say it didn't disappoint. Directed by Ridley Scott and featuring an all star cast including the amazing Noomi Rapace (girl crush alert), Michael Fassbender and Idris Elba, the story follows a team of explorers heading to the darkest corner of the universe after discovering clues to the origins of the human race. Of course, not all is as it seems, and once the team arrive they soon find themselves in the midst of a terrifying battle to save life on Earth as we know it!

I don't want to give too much away about the film, but I will say it is gripping, edge of the seat stuff - Michael Fassbender is fantastic as the stilted and measured cyborg, David, but the real star of the show is former 'Girl with the Dargon Tattoo' Noomi Rapace as Dr Elizabeth Shaw, who sees her lifelong dreams destroyed and her faith tested.


There has been a whole heap of speculation as to whether Prometheus is a prequel to the insanely successful Alien franchise - well I don't want to give that away, but fans of Alien will know the answer long before the movie is over.

I implore, Alien and non-Alien fans alike to go and see this movie, although the 3-D effects were impressive, I don't think anything will be lost in the viewing by choosing to go and see in 2-D - just see it!

Still not made up your mind? Then here is a trailer that is bound to have you rushing to the nearest cinema...


Let me know if you do decide to see it, or if you have seen it already!

Merry Jubilee!

Gems x 

15 comments:

  1. Daisy you have to see it - I was amazed by everything!

    Gems x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this movie looks really great.. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was excellent - I secretly did a little bit of drooling over Idris Elba throughout too :)
      Gems x

      Delete
  3. aw, i still can't tell what i think about this movie. but the mister is obsessed!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just loved it - that could be because of my huge girl crush on Noomi Rapace :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  4. LOVELY BLOG! I've followed you on Bloglovin and GFC hope you follow mine back :)

    xoxo, Alee

    http://aleemerican.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man I LOVED Prometheus, it was fantastic! *spoiler alert* I now want a sequel where Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender's head are bros having adventures in space, haha!
    Faye x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally what I want as a sequel - fingers crossed!

      Gems x

      Delete
  6. I should watch it!!

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so should! Its definitely one to see at the cinema!

      Gems x

      Delete
  7. I was pleased to see Fassbender manage to keep an accent all the way through the film, because he lost it in the final scene of X Men and his accent was all over the place in Shame.

    I nearly threw up when Holloway looked at his eye in the mirror.

    I really enjoyed the film but it wasn't as epic as I was expecting.

    C
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah the eye thing was so disgusting - there was a collective 'Eeww' in the cinema!
      Yeah I agree Fassbender was much better in this than X-Men!

      Gems x

      Delete
  8. I'm so excited for this! I'm so jelly you got to see it! I have to wait til this Friday for the US release D:

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to let me know what you think when you see it :)

      Gems x

      Delete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.