Friday 29 June 2012

I'M ARMED!

I'm one of those girls that doesn't wear a lot of jewellery, it is all just a little bit too girly for me - it makes me feel too feminine I think and my inner tomboy rebels. But my mind is swaying a little bit with the emergence of stacked bracelets - it takes away the overly ladylike feel of jewellery and gives it a tougher edge, which is something I can get on board with (if I can get said bracelets to stay on my matchstick wrists that is).

Image Courtesy of Refinery29
I love how heavily stacking bracelets can transform a pair of jeans and a simple white tee into a statement outfit that is uniquely you thanks to you combination of bracelets and bangles. I have styled you up a few looks to show you what I mean - the first is something that I would definitely go for, ripped jeans, slubby tee, pair of leopard flats and tons of tough, punky jewellery.

Spike Stretch Bracelet, OASAP; Multi-level Spike Bracelet, Romwe; Gold Tone Spike Bangles, River Island; Gold & Cream Spike Bracelet, Matalan.
Curve Hem Tank, Topshop; Ripped Denim Turn Up Jean, New Look; Rivet Embellished Flats, OASAP.
Verna Studded Rubber Bracelet, Missguided; Cross on Chord Bracelet, Topshop; Peace Charm Bracelet, Tesco; Silver Cuff; H&M; Studded Wrap Bracelet, New Look.

The second look I went for was just a little bit boho, with kick-flare jeans, simple cropped tee and lots of boho, hippy chic arm candy...It's not something I would usually go for, but I have to admit that I love it, once my self imposed spending ban ends on my birthday (6th of July peeps, just a week to go), I am going to go bangle bonkers!

Gold Peace Sign Cuff, River Island; Thread Wrap Bracelet, Miss Selfridge; Gold Love Bangles, River Island.
Button Crop Top, Topshop; Firetrap Blue Jenni Flare Jeans, New Look; Vintage Openwork Wrapped Wedges; OASAP.
Floral Printed Bracelet, Romwe; Leather Woven Bangle Pack, River Island; Sequinned Bangles, New Look.
What do you think of the stacked bracelet trend? Do you love it as much as me?

In the spirit of trying new things, I couldn't let you go without showing you a picture of my first ever Creepers - awesome online brand OASAP kindly credited my account with $10 so they went straight towards an amazing pair of their creepers. I went for the Casual Leopard Lace-up Creepers in the stunning green shade, I seriously can't wait for them to arrive - thank you OASAP, expect an outfit post soon!

Gorgeous OASAP Creepers.

I hope all my UK friends survived the storms yesterday - it was scary huh?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Gems x

38 comments:

  1. I never wear jewellery either haha only the same 4 bracelets every day thats it! Also storms?! I wasn't aware of any haha. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha,
      My boyfriend's mum is digging out her old biker jewellery for me, I'm so excited!

      Gems x

      Delete
  2. I usually wear a subtle amount of jewellery, but in summer I love to stack little bracelets on my wrists, it always feels so carefree. Also, thank you so much for the wonderful comment on my blog :)
    -P.
    Bowtie Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Piia, thank you for your visits here.

      Gems x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous jewelry pieces - love that heart ring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post I love the red heart ring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love jewellery although I'm into the less is more thing. I pile it on.

    Bracelets are my favourite. I have so many. I haven't stopped wearing the bracelet I won here, except when I was ironing, it got in the way!
    Caroline
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna start piling it on for summer, you could make so many looks just by changing your jewellery!

      Gems x

      Delete
  6. ooh i love all the edgy pieces!!! sooo amazingg! :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the topshop cross bracelet, I was oogling it today -super cute looks! No flooding here luckily, lots of sun ;)

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    XoX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's great isn't it. I want everything on the casual edge look!

      Gems x

      Delete
  8. Woo, arm party! Love the looks you've put together, especially the first. Your shoes are lovely too, can't wait to see how you style them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think I am actually going to get those New Look Jeans to go with the shoes!

      Gems x

      Delete
  9. agreed! i love the stacking bracelets look!
    oh and the first outfit is amazing, defiantly my fave x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't wait until my self-imposed spending ban is over so I can load up on stack-able bracelets.

      Gems x

      Delete
  10. I love your blog and bracelets too haha!:D Thanks for commenting my blog!

    ~Kristiina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Boho Beautiful its all gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh by the way can I just say you mentioned that you wear the extension all the time do you find they give you a headache. I have not wore mine much yet as I only recently got them but they are slightly heavy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa,
      Yeah they did at first until I learned not to clip them in so tight!
      Your prize is on the way :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  13. bracelets and rings are the best way to make any look go from good to great!
    xxx
    fashionalization.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what I'm starting to think, I just need to stock up on some great ones!

      Gems x

      Delete
  14. Massive love for all those selections... the leopard print shoes... oh my ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm so excited for them to arrive :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  15. I love the Casual Edge, I want those jeans haha!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so want the jeans too, I think I might just get them, it is my birthday on Friday!

      Gems x

      Delete
  16. ripped jeans and a wifebeater. it's practically my uniform. lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so going to get those jeans, I really love them!

      Gems

      Delete
  17. You can't beat a bit of arm candy :) I love the gold and cream spiked bracelet from Matalan, will be looking out for that!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After such a positive response from this post I'm definitely going to get some serious arm candy on the go!

      Gems x

      Delete
  18. The storms were a bit scary yes I have to admit! Stuck indoors for ours terrified I was going to die. And yes, I'm not one for loads of bracelets and things per se but cuffs...oh I do love a good cuff me. Probably would gladly empty my bank balance for everything in the casual edge collage! Love!

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well fellow Gem, I think I might just empty my bank balance for everything on the Casual Edge collage - call it a birthday treat for myself :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  19. See now I love arm candy it's always odd if I'm not wearing any! I actual have some of the ones you have featured. I think I'm at a point where I just have too much! Yet I still see stuff i want to buy. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no arm candy, I always think it will look ridiculous on my spindly wrists, but I'm gonna load up on it anyway!

      Gems x

      Delete
  20. I would love to have all those bracelets!!! But with my tiny wrists it is really hard to find the right one!!
    Thank you for your nice comment!
    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.