Monday 11 June 2012

ULTIMATE AND REALITSTIC - JUNE 2012

Regular viewers of my blog will know that each month I like to put together little collages of my current wishlists - one collage covers what I would buy if money was no object, the 'Ultimate'; and the other collage covers what my actual budget could stretch to, the 'Realistic'. This month I have been lusting after little leopard print sundresses - easy to dress up and easy to dress down, just need the sun to put his hat on and come out to play!

In June, I have decided to create the Realistic wishlist out of pieces that can be found within your local supermarket - why not get a cute little dress or rocking pair of shoes while buying that loaf of bread, they are just as essential I would say!


The Realistic (All supermarket finds)
Animal Print Sundress, George @ Asda - £12; Pretty Polly Animal Print Tights, Tesco - £10; Pretty Polly Back-seam Tights, Tesco - £6; Yellow Bandeau Bikini Top, George @ Asda - £2.50; TIA by Made Triple Ring, and Hammered Brass Ring Tesco - £6 and £4; Metallic Tote Bag, Tesco - £12.50; Ella Shoes Metallic Peep-Toe Heels, Tesco - £22.
Total: £75

The Ultimate (All Net-A-Porter finds)
Leopard Print Cotton Blend Jersey Dress, Matthew Williamson - £395; Seamed 15 Denier Stockings, Agent Provocateur - £25; Tiger Printed Tights, Wolford - £35;  Jonny D Ruched Bandeau Bikini Top, Norma Kamali - £170; Hinged Rose Gold-Plated Crystal Ring, Eddie Bongo - £365; Stacy Brass Snake Ring, Chloe - £175; Large Chelsea Leather Shoulder Bag, MICHAEL Michael Kors - £295; Idochine Leather and Patent Wedge Sandals, Camilla Skovgard - £395.
Total: £1855

If truth be told, the 'Ultimate' wishlist is probably never going to be within my grasp, I earn less money than i could in sacrifice to do what I love, so I think for that I can accept the 'Realistic' wishlist. Still it's nice to dream...


What be on your ultimate wishlist if money was no object?

If you want to know what I have been liking, loving and loathing this month, head on over to Futures to check out my Guest Post!

And finally before I go, don't forget to enter my Very First Giveaway, that is open internationally!

Gems x

33 comments:

  1. I remember watching a programme about the making of Footballers Wives. The wardrobe manager said how she used supermarket clothes that were inspired by designer clothes to dress the wives.

    I would spend big money on a classic piece but for current transient fashion I would rather nip to Tesco and get it for a tenner!

    C
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you - supermarket clothing used to be a bit naff, but it has come on in leaps and bounds!

      Gems x

      Delete
  2. I would spend a lot of money on something that would last me a lifetime, the Alexa bag by Mulberry is definitely on the top of my wish list. I'd also love a collection of designer leather jackets, I have one real leather one by Topshop and I've worn it every week since my boyfriend gave me it for Christmas 4 years ago :) xo

    Fashionismyhomegirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my dreams in like to own a Acne leather jacket - they are so gorgeous and so high quality, it would last forever.
      Until then my Matalan biker will do the job!

      Gems x

      Delete
  3. You know I think I prefer the realistic options!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The realistic side definitely has more colour and I like that!

      Gems x

      Delete
  4. I would be entirely happy with the realistic lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, I'm all about the realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a good idea for a post! You've found some great lookalikes xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my only regular features - Its just an outlet for my jealously :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  7. Love the Bags and the Shoes!
    i´m a new Follower

    Lovely Greetings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Camilla Skovgard shoes, but I think I could be happy with the Tesco ones too!

      Gems x

      Delete
  8. I'm impressed by the supermarkets' offerings - they have some great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do, I'm seriously loving some of the maxi dresses Asda has to offer!

      Gems x

      Delete
  9. I love the black and white dress!
    Thank you so much for your nice comment :)

    Take care and have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, I will be watching the seasonal sales closely :)

      Have a wonderful week too!

      Gems x

      Delete
  10. Love this, I think I would go for the budget one anyway. I think I'm just a thrifty bird at heart, i love your picks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely more of a thrifty girl - there is nothing I love more than a bargain!

      Gems x

      Delete
  11. I like your realistic finds! They are so close to the ultimate! If money was no object for me, OMG, I don't even know where to begin my ultimate list!!!
    And thanks so much for the comment on my blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every minute it changes, but if money was no object this very minute I would buy some Charlotte Olympia shoes!

      Gems x

      Delete
  12. I like this feature and the items you chose are so cool. I don't think there is much different between ultimate and realistic here. If money was no object I would buy endless amounts of Alannah Hill cardigans and dresses oh and maybe shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do seem to recall that you are quite the Alannah hill fan - I don't blame you, her designs are awesome!

      Gems x

      Delete
  13. i love the ultimate bikini!!
    but lets face the realistic one is just the same
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just have to be realistic don't you!

      Gems x

      Delete
  14. That Asda sundress will be mine for my holidays- defiately going to Asda Living after work next week xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great, they have slightly different styles for the same price so I will be popping in pretty soon too!

      Gems x

      Delete
  15. Those wedges are awesome!
    Lovely blog :)


    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girlies
      Welcome to the blogosphere with Bright and Brunette!

      Gems x

      Delete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.