Tuesday 21 August 2012

LIEBSTER AWARD

I was given a great surprise this morning when the lovely (and I mean seriously lovely) Josie from Josie Loves Shoes nominate me for a Liebster Awards. Josie is one of the nicest girls ever and she is truly inspirational the way she keeps her sense of humour dealing with cystic fibrosis. Not only that, she has a seriously enviable wardrobe, with a stunning collection of Zara shorts and the longest legs to show them off to perfection.

For a few pictures, I thought I would show the outfit that was a guest feature on A Country Girl Does Norfolk, as a figured a few of you may not have seen it...

Dress (worn as top), Sodamix - same here.
Skirt, Primark - similar here.
Necklace, Punky Pins - same here.
Belt, Dorothy Perkins - similar here.




So here are the answers to my questions from Josie:

Give me a shoe memory! Favourite pair, first pair, the pair that got away...
I have an extremely long second toe, and I mean extremely long - wearing out my first pair of killer peep toes I was horrifies to see the toe in question was hanging right over the edge of the peep-toe dragging on the pavement.

Cringest moment of your life?
When I was around 14 the family went on holiday to Spain - it was around about the same time I discovered boys. So me and my sister were having a game of pool on the table that was right next to the swimming pool, there was a group of young guys chatting on the sun loungers so I was making an effort to impress them, pretending I was all professional, lining up the perfect shot. I was walking around the table chalking up the cue in a way I though the pro's did it and I walked straight into the swimming pool...fully clothed...complete with cue! The cute boys were laughing so loud I could here it under the water...I should have just drowned myself!

What's your favourite book?
It's a tie between Watership Down and Plague Dogs, both my Richard Adams - I love a good story about plucky animals and each time I read them I am as moved as I was the first time. The end of Plague Dogs never fails to make me cry, if you have read it you will know why!

Favourite Disney character and why?
Well I'm not choosing a cartoon character, I'm choosing a character from one of their live action movies and it has to be Tron, and they why should be obvious...he's awesome!

What's your favourite place to shop?
It changes all the time really, but at the moment it is Triple S (they sell the likes of Glamorous, Motel Rocks, Reverse etc) just because they had an amazing buy one get one free sale on at the weekend and I got 4 amazing pieces for just £10. I almost did a little wee right there in my pants.

Favourite blog right now?
Well apart from Josie Loves Shoes (which I honestly check everyday) it is Fashionalization by the super sweet Emma Gaudet. She is just an ace person in general and her blog is so diverse and interesting - there are outfit posts, inspiration and some wonderful photo shoots with her friends. Great blog from a great girl.

Would you rather snog, marry or avoid an old Jack Nicholson, a chubby Seth Rogan and Jedward?
Well I would have to avoid Jedward if I also wanted to avoid the murder charge. I find Seth Rogan quite annoying too as his only joke is to do with him being a fat loser so he would get the snog so I woudn't have to put up with him for long. And that leaves me marrying an old Jack Nicholson, but since he is ancient he might die soon and as the richest I could be a very well of lady after a few months of discomfort.

Who's your favourite fashion designer? 
It's a hard one, but I am going to say Henry Holland - his collections are fun and quirky and always with heaps of colour. His collections are what I want to wear if I could afford it, instead my current designer of choice is Primarni!

Do you have any pets?
I don't, but I did used to have a hamster called Wispa - he would run around in his wheel so fast that he would get flinged out into the bars of the cage - didn't seem to bother him that much. He is still buried in his little house in the garden of the old house...I hope!

What's your favourite film?
I can't pick just one, so I'm gonna pick the one which I quote the most in my day to day life...Anchorman! “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put this out there if you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back. I wanna be on you!"

Who's your favourite model?
To be honest I don't know that much about models, weird for a chick with a fashion blog I know, but I never find my inspiration coming from models, because come on, no one is really that attractive. So I'm going to say Naomi Campbell, because I find her diva tantrums hilarious!

OK on to nominating some bloggers myself:
  • Fashionalization: Emma is such a sweetie and I'm so jealous of he pixie looks.
  • Country Girl Does Norfolk: Sophie is such a fun-loving girl and so genuine, plus she has a great pair of fake litas, stop by and see how she styles them.
  • The Brunette Diaries: Lisa has the best collection of girly dresses ever and she has the secret to eternal youth, I'm sure of it!
  • Who Is She: Fellow northern girl Ray is a beauty guru, I'm always checking out her blog for advice.
And now for the questions:
  • I have a phobia of onions, what is your weirdest phobia?
  • What style of clothing, accessory etc would you like to see wiped from the planet?
  • You are the Terminator, who's parents do you go after, Justin Beiber's or Hugh Jackman's? - remember they are both terrible, there is no wrong answer here. 
  • What is the worst TV show ever and why?
  • Most underrated actor/actress?
  • What has been your ultimate fashion faux pas?
I'm so looking forward to seeing the answers!

Gems x

13 comments:

  1. Oooh thanks for nominating me, I'll get started on the questions soon! I love answering questions :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to steal that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit it is gorgeous! I loved reading more about you too, the pool story was absolutely the best, though hopefully you can look back and laugh now that time has passed! Thanks for sharing, hope you're having a beautiful day!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing skirt! Also, I think you might have the best 'most embarassing moment' story in the world. You should be proud.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goth gem thank you so so much for your awesome commnet- boobalicious! ha ha ha!
    whats your beef with hugh jackman?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt is so lovely, reminds me of a Mulberry one! Thanks for your lovely words, loved reading your answers, did have a little giggle at your cringey moment. I second the comment above, what's wrong with Hugh Jackman haha? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the top, the ruffles are so gorgeous and stylish. The gold is amazing. Gold makes me feel very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I love the skirt and the answers are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gems, you are adorable!! I will for sure pass this along on my blog - I am making it tomorrows post already. you are such a sweetheart! xxx

    xxx emma kathleen
    fashionalization

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, and metallic maxi skirt look gorgeous.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great publish, very informative. I'm wondering why the opposite experts of this sector do not notice this. You should continue your writing. I am confident, you've a huge readers' base already!|What's Going down i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I've discovered It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & aid different customers like its helped me. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi honey! i just found your blog today and i think is really cute! please check out my blog and if you like it we can follow each other :)

    http://thefrench-fries.blogspot.pt/

    ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.