Monday 12 May 2014

GETTING SHIFTY

Eurgh! I can't believe it is Monday again - People often think it must be amazing to work for yourself because you can take the day off whenever you feel like it. That is just rubbish; you actually probably work more than most, because if you don't work you don't get paid. There is no sick pay, no holiday pay and no personal days - before I start taking time off, I better consider whether or not I feel like continuing to enjoy food and shelter.

So this Monday the blues have hit me hard - Monday you can kindly *Bleep* *Bleep* *Bleep* and go *Bleep* yourself right in the *Bleep*. I suppose I can't complain too much, I do something I genuinely love, I wish I just didn't have to do it so blooming often.

So rant over, on the the fashion bit. This is one of my amazing charity shop finds, a gorgeous printed shift dress from Primark that was brand new - tags, little spare button, the lot. It looks better on than I could have hoped and I seriously love the little pockets in the front. Because the print is so beautiful I kept the accessories to a minimum, just adding some studded boots and bag, and a contrasting nail polish.

Faux Fur Coat - Next
Shift Dress - Primark via Charity Shop
Studded Boots - I Don't Remember (Sorry)

HyperGel in Blue Glint - Models Own




How do you guys deal with the Monday Blues?

Gems x
Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. You look amazing! Pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress. And does anyone like Mondays? Surely not.


    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know why people think that working from home is better. When the work is done you don't have a comfort place, you just resume staying at home, which is kind of a downer.
    I deal with Monday blues by "Life has no meaning, get a grip" kind of attitude :D It sounds depressing, but it actually helps me :D
    Love the dress and that coat is so fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's seriously such an amazing find, it looks gorgeous on! Mondays suck but I like that they have double Corrie...how sad am I?? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great dress and cool bag dear :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh lovely dress and coat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh God i can totally relate to this Monday blues, it hits me often enough too! At least you looked superlovely in your little shift dress! Cute print and I love the matching purse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet little dress! I need to get into shopping in charity shops. <3

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the faux fur coat, because real fur is gross! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.