Tuesday 27 May 2014

HOUSE OF HOLLAND FOR ELEGANT TOUCH NAILS

For those of you that know me well, you will know that I am seriously into having fabulous nails, but being the thrifty type, I'm not going to go for a professional manicure every week, unless they will accept a little dance or a rant about boys in skinny jeans as payment - I mean come on boys, give your 'boys' some room.

So that leaves me to be my own manicurist and don't get me wrong, I love my nail varnish, but it can be such a bloody pain. Nail art is out of my league because I have the shaky hands of a 100-yer old that drinks 50 cups coffee a day, so it's just your basic single shades for me. Applying it can also be a bit of a chore, it can look like I've just threw the bottle of varnish at my hand and hoped some lands on the nails.

It can take a ridiculous amount of time to do and then 10 minutes later you get a big bloody chip in one of the nails - That just turns me into the Incredible Hulk: "GEMMA SMASH, GEMMA DESTROY". So I have no idea why it has took me this long to discover false nails, I think I was scared that I would end up with nails stuck everywhere but my fingernails and hands permanently bonded together.

I've got over my fears and I am seriously loving the House of Holland collection of nails for Elegant Touch. I have tried a few styles and in just 10 minutes (including nail prep time) I have some seriously gorgeous nails that make me feel like a total glamour-puss - my hands do get waved around a lot more, they make me theatrical!

Tie Dye For By House of Holland for Elegant Touch - Same Here.
All you need to do to prep your nails is push the cuticles back, buff the surface of the nail so they are nice and smooth and clean with a nail polish remover to remove any residue - then you are ready to get sticking. Elegant Touch have a great range of professional tools, to make sure your nails are perfectly pampered, all of which are available at Boots, online and in store.

To apply the nails, spread a thin layer of glue over the entire surface of the nail and apply the nail at a 45 degree angle from just above the cuticle to tip and press down to bond for 4 seconds. If there are any rough edges you can file those away and then enjoy your super exciting stiletto nails, wave them around a lot, make sure everyone notices them, who cares if you look crazy.


Easy to apply and even easier to enjoy, I'm just in love with false nails, I am a total convert and what is the real selling point, is that they look just as good when trimmed down to be computer friendly for us writers and social media addicts.


You can see a more comprehensive review and tutorial of the House of Holland nails on Femside.

Are you a fan of falsies?

* Nails sent to me by Elegant Touch as part of a review for my work with Femside, all opinions are my own.

Gems x

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. I'm pretty terrible at applying my own nail varnish! These are super cool, I think they look better trimmed down if anything, I'd be afraid of gouging an eye out with them left long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are gorgeous! I used to be a whizz at nail art but now I can barely paint my nails- I blame my job for getting me out of practice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now they look great.. I can ever apply them, I always end up with one very dodgy hand.

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, those nails have a hypnotizing affect on me! :D Look at them swirl!!! Awesome!
    Oh yes, boys in skinnier jeans than mine, I just shiver thinking about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've worn false nails once and lost half of them so never again. I've got my own gel nail nails kit which is what I use all the time now. Those look fab though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! I've never tried falsies because I'm scared they'll fall off but I really like nail stickers! Been trying to track down nice pineapple ones for ages but can't find any that I like x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually haven't played with falsies…. but I really like how they look trimmed down --maybe that is something I should play with…

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeep, they're so psychedelic - I love them!!

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.