Thursday 21 June 2012

BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE!

When I was reviewing the Missguided Nail Vanish earlier in the week, I mentioned that I also had bought some new jeans - well actually from my lovely mam (who's birthday it is today by the way) for my birthday on the 6th of July, but she was lovely enough to let me have them early. She is pretty much the best!

So when Mr Well Done and I decided to have a bit of a date night on Monday to stuff ourselves on the wonders Wagamama has to offer, I just had to wear them. Yes they may be a little Beetlejuice-esque, but as I love that movie I'm half tempted to look for a matching jacket (denim of course so I can create a bit of an update on the hill-billy tuxedo).

I have noticed that the simple mint cotton shirt from H&M is set to be one of the hardest working members of my wardrobe - so versatile and just that little bit looser to hide the chicken curry baby that I was forced to waddle home with. Also, check it out, I practiced with a bit of nail art, sticking some jewels onto tacky nail varnish then covering with topcoat. Although it turned out a success, some did end up stuck to my face chest  - who doesn't like a bit of bling anyway.

Striped Skinny Jeans, Missguided - Same here in the sale woo!
Cotton Shirt, H&M - Similar here.
Shoes, New Look - Similar here.
Snake Clutch, H&M - Similar here.
Belt, H&M - Similar here.

Necklace, Primark - Similar here.
Nail Varnish, Missguided - Same here.







I have been feeling really self-conscious and own on myself recently because of the mental health issues that have been with me since childhood (maybe I will tell you about them sometime), but when I put on these pants I felt better, confidence restored. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but these jeans make my tushi look fabulous - I implore anyone and everyone out there to get a pair of these skinny jean wonders - they are my new feel good pants!

Do you have a piece of clothing that never fails to make you feel good?

Gems x

48 comments:

  1. My black skinny jeans make me feel I can rule the world. And when I tried on some disco pants in American Apparel they too made me think I could rule the world. However I can't afford them! Sob sob. You look absolutely lovely and ever so tall, dead jealous! Such a nice underrated going outfit, goes to show pants can actually be sexy! Lovely blog!

    Gemma x

    https://www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello fellow Gemma!

      I love Disco Pants, but I can't afford them either, but luckily I discovered by Beetlejuice pants!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Gems x

      Delete
  2. I love Beetlejuice, it's one of my favourite films!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Helen,
      Mine too - although it used to scare me a bit as a kid!

      Gems x

      Delete
  3. http://www.beautifulinmyway.com/2012/06/my-oasap-giveaway.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw thanks for the comment hun! you are gorgeous! and i'm happy to have found your blog today - newest bloggy friend & follower for sure!

    keep up the fab posts!
    and become a bloggy friend of mine as well so i can find your blog again easily
    <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine, that is really sweet of you to say!

      Gems x

      Delete
  5. Ok so these jeans are HOT! I m seriously tempted to buy some myself after seeing them on you. Phroaaa missy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie - you have to get a pair, they will look great with your fake Litas!

      Gems x

      Delete
  6. so jealous of how well you can pull of those trousers. you look great xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these jeans. I saw a similar pair the other day in the shops and admired them very much. It's such a wonderful change from all the plain jeans around. I adore the nail polish colour too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Imogen,
      That's why I like them, because they were different!
      Gems x

      Delete
  8. Cool outfit! *.* Can't wait to see you wearing that yellow dress you told me about. ;)

    http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jelena,
      I'm just writing up the post on my yellow dress now :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  9. Great jeans! Some beetlejuice-inspired striped jeans are on my wishlist right now.
    xx Kara
    Sprinkles in Springs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would quite like some cross-printed jeans too, but I wouldn't know what to wear them with!

      Gems x

      Delete
  10. I love these jeans! I had some but had to return them as they were too small, regretting that so much! :( lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no!
      Well the Missguided ones are in the sale at the minute if you are still after a pair!

      Gems x

      Delete
  11. you can pull these jeans off so well! and i love the nail detail.
    hmmm my fave 'feel good' item of clothing would probably be a nice flattering fitted jacket, like my waterfall blazer or leather jacket.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I just got the gems and the topcoat in a really cheap discount store because I wanted to try it out!

      Gems x

      Fashion, Well Done

      Delete
  12. You look lovely, those jeans make your legs go on forever and ever! It's so great when you find something that gives you confidence. Your shirt is really pretty too, I wanted it so badly but I could never find it in my size xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie,
      I was just lucky with the shirt, they had it in a 6 and a 16 and since I have little boy physique it was a perfect fit :)

      Gems xx

      Delete
  13. The jeans are absolutely amazing, and you look great wearing them! I love their boldness and how surprisingly the vertical stripes are. A piece of clothing that always makes me feel fabulous? My Zara embellished blazer - absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kiara,
      I totally want to see pictures of that embellished blazer, so hit me up with a link if you have a personal style post wearing it!

      Gems x

      Delete
  14. Hello! Saw your blog on an IFB group, love the post and your style!
    I'm following now! :)

    Check my blog out perhaps?
    http://www.pleasureoverbusiness.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/3562600/pleasure-over-business

    Have a nice day! Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma,
      I'm on my way to check out your blog now!

      Gems x

      Delete
  15. I would never be able to pull them off but they look gorgeous on you. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you've just got to have an arse like yours to pull it off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. YOU LOOK AWSOME! I LOVE THE LOOK, IT IS SOO CHIC!
    http://therunwayoflife.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fernanda - it is my first ever pair of printed jeans and now i can't wait to get more :)

      Gems x

      Delete
  18. great post, and cool blog! congrats on lalm too. i'm following now, if you'd like to check out my blog it's http://www.lalamamma.blogspot.com.

    xo,
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing jeans! My jeans are always my go-to when I'm feeling down too, I have a gorgeous light blue pair of skinnies from Zara which I love!
    Great post, Georgia x
    satiablefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia.
      I have been after a really great pair of light blue jeans, I might check out Zara!

      Gems x

      Delete
  20. LOVE this outfit. absolute perfection.
    xxx
    fashionalization.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that pants!!!

    Kisses, Elena

    ReplyDelete
  22. This whole outfit is darling! And by the way-we're bday twins! YAY!!!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.